Open to public - Talks & Eco talks panel / free /
10 OCT 11.00-13.00
Introduction to the workshop, the Institute and Art Quarter Budapest KARINA VISSONOVA (DK)
• 11.15-11.45 Biomimicry: Objects and Sustainability • Introduction KARINA VISSONOVA (DK)
• 12.00-13.00 Eco talks - multiple experts panel • Signing up for closed sessions.
• Lunch at Art Quarter Budapest
Closed sessions / workshop, fees apply /
10 OCT 14.00-17.00
• 14.15-15.00 Creative writing in design & arts world. Learning to think & write with an expert writer - tools and methods JAAP SCHOLTEN (NL)
• 15.15-16.15 KEY LECTURE Parametricism, digitalism and biomimesis – toward a humanistic architecture LEVENTE GYULAI (HU)
• 16.30-17.00 Ecology & Architecture ANDOR WESSELENYI-GARAI (HU)
11 OCT 10.00-15.00
10.30-11.30 Dialogue between a Designer and Design Philosopher Sabrina Stiegler (DE) and Karina Vissonova (DK)
11.40-12.10 Nature versus Culture in philosophy and art LÁSZLÓ NEMES (HU)
Lunch at Art Quarter Budapest
13.00-13.30 Design & Crafts RIHARDS FUNTS (LV)
13.40-14.40 Art & Bio-philosophy/ LILLA VON PUTTKAMER (DE)
12 OCT 11.00-13.00
• Discussion of the theme. Creating material for publishing - working collaboratively on the theme analysis with sketches, mind maps and other ideation tools. Thinking critically, communicating in writing an innovative and well thought-through individual response.
The 3-day workshop is an inspirational theme-based co-lab. It engages several disciplines to present multiple angles of “Biomimicry”. The purpose is to generate new knowledge in relation to the theme and to be equipped to communicate in writing an innovative and well thought-through response. The participants will therefore also learn to write their thoughts, which will be published in the workshop magazine together with sketches, stories and interviews with the speakers and participants.
The workshop programme places emphasis on critical thinking, ability to write one’s thoughts, art research capacity and cooperation of the participants.
The workshop magazine will be available at the Art Quarter Budapest and at Institute of Advanced Design Studies and published online.
APPLICATIONS, FEES AND DEADLINES:
The participants are selected to represent diverse backgrounds to create a rich working/learning environment. Recommended disciplines: arts (also welcomed technology and biology engineering inspired arts, installation art), design, architecture.
The price for the closed sessions is 100 EUR / 30,000 HUF, which offers 8 uniquely developed talks from prestigious and international speakers, several open session talks, facilitated work, networking possibilities and published work in the workshop magazine.
Visiting participants from abroad may apply for an accommodation at the Art Quarter Budapest (20 EUR or 8000 HUF/night).
APPLICATION DEADLINE is September 15th. Apply by writing a short motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop is the first in a series delivered in a collaboration between the Art Quarter Budapest and the Institute of Advanced Design Studies. The program is also part of the Design Week Budapest event series.